Sunday, May 20, 2012

Answered Prayers






Today has been rainy and I have been relaxing.

I wish for a full day of my emotions being relaxed. While adjusting to a new area, I've found myself feeling like a lost child. Not only with my location, but with myself, my emotions, my soul. So, no matter how much in love with this city I am, it's hard not to be on edge. It feels like my emotions are completely raw and I'm completely vulnerable.

Thus, leaving my strength and will to not fail to shine.

Now, this has all just been building up and I ended up talking to God and asking him to speak to me and give me words of encouragement.

I got nothing.

Until today.

Have you heard of the movie Elizabethtown? With Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom. I have watched part of this movie once before and I remembered it as being a slow, boring movie. Today, it was not like I remembered it. Slow, but in a good, lasting way and anything but boring. I'm not a big fan of Kirsten but she did a great job in this movie. Her role was to play a unique, one of a kind girl who is unlike all the rest. Strong, yet vulnerable. She show's Orlando's character, who is on the edge of suicide, how to relax and have fun.
I don't really know what sparked it or why, but it was like God was giving me what I wanted to hear. That little push to be more.

Afterwards, I started writing about how thankful I was to have this uplifted spirit. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down with the old record player, listening to The Eagles. Which is awesome because I have been in the mood for some Eagles. I threw my phone to the side and just sat there, thinking about what it would be like to not have newer technologies such as the iPhone, a laptop, or text messaging.

Relaxing. That's what it would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment