Thursday, May 24, 2012

I had an interview today...


All I have to say is good thing I left an hour early! This navigating Portland thing sucks. I decided not to stick to my normal route because I thought I knew where I was going, but that really wasn't the case. There's a river that seperates East and West Portland and since I live in the East, I had to travel across the river to get to Downtown (West). I crossed the river like 10 times too many! Find 9th and 10th streets, ok, find Burnside, ok, find Everet St, NOT OK. A bunch of driving around happened after that, but when I found the streets that I was looking for, I couldn't find the shop I was looking for. Is this ever going to end? No because I couldn't find a place to park and those two combined led to a few minutes of going around the same block a billion times.

The outcome to all this is rather enjoyable. I found a parking spot. I found the shop I had an interview at. The interview went well. Then I went to Powell's Bookstore and wandered around until my time was up at the parking meter. It was time to myself to think about my big break if I get this position. I don't want to say anything about the place I had an interview at just so I don't give myself bad luck. Don't ask.

Anyway, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of this cloudy Portland day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment