Monday, May 14, 2012

Update










I know it's been a while since I've been on here but MAN! Portland has kept me busy!

I've been here almost 3 weeks (whoa, has it really been that long?) and my days have been filled with exploring the city, hanging out with friends, great food, and job searching. This past weekend, I've been working at a temp job for Mother's Day. I didn't realize how dipping strawberries could wear you out so much. But hey, it really wasn't a bad job and I actually kind of enjoyed it. Now that my dipping days are over, it's time to get back on the job search train for a more permanent position. Although, this past week, I had a job interview for a receptionist and the interview went fantastic! That's a big accomplishment for me because interviews scare me and I get really nervous. So, most of the time I just end up bombing them, but not this one. I did GOOD. If I get the job, I will be contacted sometime this week so please pray and keep your fingers crossed. I'm not going to be down if I don't get it, just keep moving forward but I'm so ready to be working now.

There are days when I do get home sick and I really miss my family and friends, but other than that, Portland has been great! Back home, I hadn't always felt like I really belonged there. I was always searching for something bigger and better, not that back home wasn't good enough, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to explore and take adventures! Portland has given me that. In the time that I have been here, I've learned so many new things and have met some really great people. The different views, diversity, some really funky and weird fashion, it's all exhilarating. It's normal for people to be out walking or riding bicycles. For one, it's efficient and good for the environment and two, people enjoy it. You would get looked at funny back home if you rode a bicycle around all the time. The city is super into recycling and their water is filtered. I repeat, the tap water is FILTERED! Yeah, that's aweosme and I love it. The weather has been amazing lately, too. Clear, blue skies and warm. Although these next couple days is supposed to be in the high 80's, which is crazy I hear, it's been really nice.

Now that I have updated everyone (My mom is happy now!), I'm going to go and enjoy my day. :)

To my friends and family back home, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment