Sunday, July 1, 2012

Today...


I'll begin by saying that my job has two locations in Portland. One location is on Hawthorne Street and the other location is in Downtown Portland. Sweet job, right? My favorite part about working in downtown, even if I have to leave an hour early, is walking to work. I start out by driving to a mall parking garage, walk a block to the MAX train, ride the MAX to the downtown area, then walk about 10 blocks to the shop. It's always so nice and peaceful. Usually if I'm a little early, like I have been lately, I'll walk a couple blocks out of my way and just make a loop around. I have a routine, so it's nice to break that and take in the downtown life. There's lots of pretty buildings and beautiful landscapes and billboards. Want to know what's better? I'm about 4 blocks from Powell's Bookstore!

Oh yeah, that's right.

I decided to venture on my own a little further into downtown and so I stopped at Powell's and bought Emma by Jane Austin. Honestly, I've never read any of her books. Although, Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite movies. I got one chapter down and started to feel so tired because reading does that to me. It's bittersweet.

Oh yeah, back to Powell's. I was standing in the store with my earphones in, because I like to walk to music, and a certain, slow song started to play. The kind of song that gives you chills, makes you feel like you are outside of your body, watching yourself, and deciphering the meaning of life. I'm pretty sure it's not just me that feels that way. If it is, at least I can assume you know what I'm talking about.

I LOVE THAT FEELING. It's a good way for me to reflect on my life. Usually, I reflect in a positive way. Sometimes, that's not the case. But it just makes my heart feel full.

Needless to say, I enjoy time to myself and I'm happy with how the day turned out.

On a side note that is kind of funny, I walked by a few homeless men who decided to check me out. Seriously, flat out stared me down for 5 seconds, literally. 5 seconds is a long time to be in an awkward situation.


I think I need to change something.

No comments:

Post a Comment