Monday, July 30, 2012

Decisions





It's been nearly a month since I last posted, mostly because this past month has been dreadful, partly because my computer decided to be cranky and not work for a while. Now things are looking up and my computer is working again. Obviously. I moved into a new house and will currently be staying here for the next 30 days. After those days have past, I will be packing my car back up and moving back to the midwest. My experience so far with telling people is that they think something bad has happened and I'm moving back home because it's too hard here, but that's not the case. I'm happy to have spent the summer in Portland, but I am really happy to be moving back home. A lot of little things tied together has influenced my decision but I've ultimately decided that Portland isn't where I want to grow my intellectual and creative abilities nor grow as a person. Will I be back someday? I can see that happening. Portland is a great city and I feel like there's a lot to offer to a person, but I know that I will be able to offer Portland more once I give my life a little more structure. Right now, I don't really have a plan, I don't know what direction I want my life to be headed in, and I don't know how I'm going to figure it out, but what I do know is that I'm totally excited to see my family and friends again. It seems to me that my absence has been felt tremendously and I have felt so much love from my people back home. I'm so glad that I have something to look forward to. :)

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog post (randomly thanks to google); and I totally feel the same way too! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete